Surprise visits

These have been a few very busy days.  After such a long "dry" spell of isolation, I have had lots of company.  Meg and Lily, my daughter and granddaughter from upstate New York arrived Tuesday.  Such a wonderful visit catching up on their doings.  My granddaughter graduated from Cornell -4.0--and has completed her Masters now.  She had applied for teaching positions and right away two schools wanted her.  So she chose one just before she came to visit us.  She has worked and received many scholarships . A beautiful girl in face and spirit.  She has a friend studying at Liberty University in nearby Lynchburg who came and picked her up.  This left my daughter and I to spend the afternoon together.  She brought photos of her family holidays and the beautiful home she and her husband have built.  Meg does landscaping/gardening for private homes and her own gardens are show pieces.  Terry joined us later in the evening for late supper.  The time went too fast.  It had been 5 years since I had seen Meg.  I did not stand at the door to wave goodbye when she left.  I did not want her to remember me with tears in my eyes.

Then yesterday I got a phone call that the gal who had been my best friend here at JD, who had moved the Wyoming, was here for a visit.  Sherry and her friend and mine , retired Veterinarian, Nell , came to my apartment during the afternoon.  We three used to spend every nice evening here at JD sitting out in the evening with Nell's dog, Pugsley,  and my Border Collie, Daisy.  We laughed so much.  I have missed them so much.  And yes, we spent that afternoon visit mostly laughing.  

So in a few hours this week I have gathered a basket of fond memories of these visits to keep me warmed through the next dry spell.  They left me wearing a Mona Lisa smile.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols