Easter this year

Terry and I each made part of the dinner.  We both said no Easter baskets this year.  At 86, I might be in my 2nd childhood, but at her age (which I will not expose), she is definitely too old.  Knowing how much value Terry places on holidays, I knew she would not stick to our agreement.  So I colored a couple of boiled eggs, got a Dove chocolate rabbit and a tiny stuffed bunny and put them in a fake grass nest in a small basket.  As I expected, she arrived and expressed surprise that there was a basket for her--and as I also anticipated, she had one for me.  Filled with my favorite German chocolates shaped and "dressed" as little chicks.  She made me a lovely Easter card with flowers and the most adorable little yellow chickie.  She is so talented and so very thoughtful.

Edgar was very much a part of the day, claiming as he now does, his place in my home and heart.  He showed off his new good manners by going to his pillow and staying there while we ate our dinner.  His nose had been working over time  as Terry sliced the ham, but no begging. And he never did get any--as my policy with him is NO people food.  He had a little shirt to wear for the occasion--pictures enclosed-which says "Will trade cat for Easter eggs".  Unfortunately, if he had been able to select it himself, that is precisely what he would have chosen.

Lots of lovely e-cards from my other children and friends.  I am a very blessed woman.



 

Comments

  1. So glad you had a lovely day! And glad for the progress Edgar is making!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols