Easter

We could not have asked for more perfect weather!  Edgar and I went out early to watch the Easter sunrise.  I remember when I lived in Corinth, NY, going to sunrise service at the tiny town beach on the river.  Afterwards we went to a local church which put on a breakfast. Everyone laughing and such jolly good socializing.  I guess that did not happen this year.

But I remembered too, one very special Easter Monday, when my last child was born.  I had guests for Easter dinner, my in-laws , which meant much house cleaning beforehand.  A few hours before dinner my inlaws arrived.  An hour later in drove mybrother-in-law, his wife, and new baby arriving-UNEXPECTEDLY. I had to add some canned sweet potatoes to the casserole of sweets I had prepared.  Good thing I had purchased that really big ham.  It was just a misunderstanding.  My mother-in-law thought when I invited them it meant the whole family.  So she of course passed on the invite to my brother and sister-in law.  We did have a very nice day; however, before they headed back to Vermont, I was in labor.  I kept quiet about it.  After all, the baby was not due for another 3 weeks.  But this baby had decided she was an Easter bunny and though she missed it by a few hours, she arrived the next morning.  A tiny little thing after my other three 7 plus pounders. We had planned to name her Kerin Elizabeth.  Looking at the delicate, pretty little girl, that name did not seem to fit at all.  I named her Margaret, which means pearl,-- Kathleen--for the Irish faeries.  She is now called Meg, a nickname her husband gave her before they were married.

Tomorrow I will see Meg for the first time in three years.  With her will be her daughter, my lovely granddaughter, Lily-Anne.  They are making this very long drive today and will be staying nearby with her sister, Terry.  Once again--Margaret Kathleen is arriving on Easter Monday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols