Back at Joseph's Dream

I apologize to any who might have been looking for a blog here the past few days.  If you follow Jon Katz, he wrote today about the
happenings.  He included the two letters I wrote to him so--
I will not go into details now.  I will just say that we did get per-mission to replant flowers in our flower beds (after many tore out
their lovely perennials ) and though we are limited to height, it is at least a minor win.  As if to prove there are some wonderful people in the world, today two girls from a local nursery came with flats of pretty plants, soil, fertilizer and tools.  They went to the office first and got the approval of Kathryn, the manager, to
set out                                                            


               Ginger with dog friend
those particular plants.  Then in the very hot day here, they went to work, making the flower beds in front of three of my neighbors and mine, lovely.  Several of the flowers they planted
are purported to attract both butterflies and Hummingbirds!  We four were delighted.  Jeanie, who was the one heart-broken over the loss of her Bird feeder, is smiling tonight, looking forward to watching the little birds at her flowers!  These girls would take nothing for their labor and gifts.
We lost on having the hummingbird feeders.  We even had to remove the  shepherd's hooks.  Not allowed to use them for hanging baskets, you see.
To LH who posted on Jon's blog that she/he would provide a feeder that suction cups to the window--I thank you so much for the thought.  However, that would not be allowed either, and since they do inspections of our units, inside and out, frequently, it would soon be found, and naturally, forbidden.
As for Ginger, she came in for supper tonight and rubbed all over Hannah, my dog. I spent some time petting and she rewarded me with loud purring. But as soon as the sky darkened, she wanted to head back out.   That is why I feel she could never be kept as an indoor only pet.  I won't stop feeding her as long as she is here.
I was given 7 days (Wed. the last day) to find a solution.  I still don't know what that is.  The Animal Control officer never returned my call.  Manager Kathryn said she had called and spoken with her.  I don't know what was said or why the officer did not return my call.
Thank you everyone for your notes of concern. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols