Joseph's Dream update

Thursday I spent 1 1/2 hours in a morning meeting with Kathryn and Jeanne. This was the result of a neighbor and I watching an un-
identified couple carry a live trap into the office.  We strongly suspected that management would set the trap for Ginger.  So that evening three neighbors and I, on my scooter armed with a high power flashlight, searched the surroundings.  Ginger was dozing in my chair on the porch.  We found no traces of the trap.
 The following morning Kathryn called me into the office.  The trap was in a corner covered by a cloth.  She told me they planned to catch Ginger, take her to a local Vet and bring her back.  Then she was to wear a collar with i.d. which would say she was the emotional support animal of a lady who resides in this community
(But is too frail to care for a cat), yet willing to claim the cat and have me "teach Ginger" to go to her unit to be fed.  When Metroprop inspectors come and see the cat loose, this lady is to say that the cat slipped out her door, but will return.
Sorry but I said I would have no part of that.  It is lie upon lie and sooner or later someone would slip up.  Besides, I said, the complaint is a loose cat so this would not solve the problem.
Kathryn said she knew it would not; however, it would buy her some time. Time to do what?   And of course the most obvious problem is that placing a collar on an 11 yr. old feral cat who runs through brush and climbs fences would put her in danger of  getting entangled and coming to a horrifying end. My "insubordination" brought Kathryn to tears-literally.  She asked me if i enjoyed breaking the rules of my rental contract!  I quickly said NO.  I was simply trying to work out a solution which let Kathryn off the hook and preserve Ginger's way of life. 
I won't go into all the rest that was said.  I feel sorry for Kathryn.  She is a nice lady, but in over her head.  Not just about Ginger.
What manager stands in front of a resident and breaks down?  I am truly concerned for her.
So, still trying to do things Metroprop's way, I attended, and somewhat supervised, an afternoon meeting of 11 residents and the
Support Services Coordinator, Jeanne, (who incidently has quit and will only be here a few more days.)  Cats were not mentioned, though other issues were brought up.  We discussed things we would like to see happen here and then possible ways to accomplish same.  Also what form this organization would take. There was spirited conversation, some good ideas and just possibly this time the tenant association idea might catch on.
Now I have 3 pages of notes to put into a readable format and get typed up and printed.
Of course I had several residents visit my unit after the meeting.
The weather changed sharply overnight.  Finally it feels like  autumn.  Perhaps the clean, dry air and crisp temperatures will improve the over-all atmosphere. We can hope.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols