Fairy Parasols

I am realizing just how much I missed during those "dog-less" months when I did not sit on my porch.  Every day when sitting out there with Edgar I see something new and wonderful.  

I do wish I could learn how to take pictures with my phone camera and send them to my computer so I could download them to the blog.  I take lots of pictures and know how to text them to someone's phone, but being so technically challenged, I simply have not figured out what I need to do in order to post photos. I will try  reading the instructions once again to see if I can make heads or tails of them.

Anyway, ---a few days ago I saw the tiniest Praying Mantis yet.  It was so wee I thought it was a smidgeon of the newly mowed grass which had blown up onto the cement platform.  Even Edgar did not see it, and he misses nothing!  Then the little arms came up into praying hands and the tiny triangular head turned towards me and I recognized the bright green for what he was.  Afraid Edgar might step on him or I might roll over him in the wheelchair, I grasped a twig and gently scratched at the cement behind the insect.  He obliged, moving swiftly to the safety of the flower bed.

Yesterday evening we had a vicious thunder storm.  It came from no-where.  Nothing on the weather channel nor warning on the phone to prepare us.  The wind blew rain parallel to the ground.  I could not even see across the parking lot.  My SUV, sitting out there, got a better hosing down than at any car wash. The storm door was torn from my hands as I tried to get my wheelchair and Edgar in to safety.  Lightening flashed and the hillside shook with the rumble of the thunder.  We lost power briefly.  Our world was scrubbed clean.  This morning when we ventured out to a dripping, sparking world, there on the lawn sprouted miniature parasols.  Dainty little mushrooms on their thin, stiff  handles - the perfect umbrellas for the wee folk.  They won't remain long, I know, for the hot sun would soon open them out and wring the moisture from them.  I am so delighted to have seen them.  I would not have done so a few months ago when Edgar was not rousing me to go outside.  

What a difference a dog makes.  How happy my little guy makes my life.

 

Comments

  1. Dogs make everything better! What kind of phone do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It says ZTE Android It is a trac phone. My son gave it to me to carry in case of emergency. I seldom make calls from it-just enough to keep it active. I have automatic refill cards every 3 months. So you see the phone might possibly be smart but I am not.

      Delete
    2. I have an Apple phone so unfortunately not familiar with your phone. I was hoping to be able to walk you through how to download pictures. Maybe ask Jon to help you?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis