Another Day



 And then he does something so sweet!  Did he understand how disappointed I was in him yesterday?
Last evening I was sitting at the table reading.  Edgar was in the bedroom on his pillow.  He looked up
at me, picked up his pillow and brought it over, shoving it against my leg.  Then he curled up on it and there
he stayed until time for bed.  He does have a good heart.
The book I bought on retraining older dogs with attitude is going to be a big help.  It describes Edgar's
behaviors to a tee.  So far what I have been doing is correct.  Just that it is hard for me to move fast enough on wheels.  to
make corrections in the moment.
It gives exercises (games) to play in the house to guide desired behavior.  Will try those later today.
When we went out this morning he greeted (a very wary) Ginger nicely.  And Susie even washed his face .Of course Edgar was half asleep--not sure he was aware it was a cat.  There was a man across the way getting into and starting his car and Edgar watched and made no sound.
I'd love to think his bad behavior yesterday was due to him being upset about spending Wed. at the Vet.  Probably not tho,
and I am certain he will be testing me again soon.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols