Time

The past two weeks, since I have written a blog, have flown.  Of course it is a known fact that time goes much faster as one ages.  I remember sitting at my desk in high school during American History class, which I disliked so much, all those dates, battles, etc., staring at the huge clock on the wall whose big black hands never seemed to move.  This morning I turned the calendar to the next month--YOWSER-  I just turned it to April, didn't I?  
The saddest thing for me is to try to envision what I accomplished in those quickly gone days. 
I have been well, thank the powers that be, my guardian angels, whomever, so I have no good excuse for not writing blogs.
I have been writing though, in every moment I find myself alone.  Alone doesn't happen much despite social distancing.  People still come to my door.  The difference being that they stand at the door instead of coming in.  They shout.   Many residents are hard of hearing , if not borderline deaf.
Sometimes Hannah barks at them.  She is a bit hard of hearing too, but still "dog ears ARE more
sensitive folks, so keep it down."   
I have been writing letters.  To family, friends who dwell at a distance, and even to a few unknown 
ladies.   I have written a few silly poems (not for general publication).  
I have been doing some cooking too.  One of the very fortunate elders who are receiving food boxes monthly from Christian Ministries, I have been experimenting, putting together some foods I had not used before (as in pinto beans, pork patties ) and creating some pretty good stuff.  I have several neighbors who are willing to partake of my efforts.  Nothing goes to waste.  Of course we are all adding to the other waist.  
So with all the extra curricular activities, I have neglected the blog.  Oh I think up wondrous tales 
to write about---when I am in bed.  I spend many hours in the dark of night recalling vignettes from the past and think to myself, "that would be a good thing to tell", and in daylight, tell I might well do, but orally.  Never makes it to the keyboard.  And I miss it.  My own fault my fingers are growing stiff! 
So just to catch you up--
The lady who sent for the animal control caught a possum in the trap.  N o surprise.  But though she did not catch her cat, happily the cat realized that life in the big wide world, avoiding drifting toms, hiding from the fox  as he makes his midnight rounds, running from the neighbor's broom, was not nearly the fun she had once thought.  Also those mice that Ginger seems to find so frequently and easily did not make themselves available to her.  She returned home, hungry and in desperate need of a good combing.  (She has long , black hair.)  
Two "illegal" bird feeders have appeared in the dead tree which stands between my neighbor's apartment and mine.  The birds have discovered those feeders.  I had nothing to do with it.  However, I am very much enjoying watching those birds-Mockingbirds, (what?  aren't they meat
eaters?  Yup, and one feeder has suet!), Cardinals, Sparrows, Chickadees, and even a Tufted Titmouse.  So far, management has had more serious issues to deal with and no apparent note has
been taken.  
Hannah and I (Susie hid under the bed) had a most frightening experience with lightening last week.  I think I will save that tale for another time.
Stay well everyone.  Time will take care of even this.

Comments

  1. Welcome back! Looking forward to some interesting tales!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols