My "Lame" (pun intended) excuse

For those of you who have been reading my posts regularly, I apologize for this long delay in writing.
I have a good excuse.  My left arm is  black, red, and blue from wrist to armpit.  My left knee was puffy and not very reliable (MUCH better now).  My "sitter" was sore--still a bit.  Toes on my left foot scraped up and sore.-still healing.
I could tell you that I was thrown from my pony--and that would be partially true.  I call my electric scooter my Blue Pony.  I gave a wrong signal and my pony and I had a disagreement which ended with me being extremely embarrassed, sitting half under the metal mail box unit in front of the office building in our community.  My pony ran a bit further and stopped too far away from me for me to reach it.
It began when I was getting my mail.  One of those annoying ad post card thingies they insist on putting loosely into magazines fell out and
lay part way beneath the mail boxes.  Well I did not want to leave trash on the ground (and get written up), so I leaned far over on the seat in an attempt to pick up the postcard. ( I lean over a lot to reach for things.  People are always telling me I was going to fall off.) 
Still--I would not have fallen off IF--I had thought to turn off the pony
before performing gymnastics.  As it was, my loose sleeve caught on the control lever, telling the pony to jump ahead.  The more it pulled,
and I realize now just how strong that little engine is, the more my arm got twisted up, until I finally managed to tear the shirt free.  Then the pony went the few feet further away, leaving me stranded.  Also stuck half under the mail box unit, with a twisted knee that absolutely refused to attempt to help me up.  The bottom of the metal mail unit is a sharp edge which had sliced into the tops of three of my toes. (My slip-on shoe had dropped off).
Nothing really hurt (then).  But I simply could not get up or even crawl to the pony.  
Two residents, one reading on her porch, the other driving by, saw me.  The reader came over and asked, "Are you okay?"  DUH
I replied"Not really."  By then the other lady came and asked what I needed to do.  I told her I could not stand up alone but was basically not hurt.  She called a neighbor male resident who wanted to lift me up.  I refused.  Did not want to hurt someone else.  So they called 911.  By now the reddest thing was my face.  The EMTs were very nice.  I told them nothing was broken except my pride.  They brought the pony over beside me and one of those big strong young guys picked me up and sat me astride my pony.  Off they went.  
Things were beginning to hurt some and I wanted nothing more than to go back to my apartment and get ice.  But I also wanted to assure 
everyone that I was fine so I stayed and chatted for about 20 minutes.
As soon as I got back to my porch and, gritting my teeth, slid off the pony into my wheelchair and maneuvered  through the door, I grabbed the ice pack from my freezer and held it to my arm.  Sure felt good!  I took an Aleve, put some pain relief rub on my knee, washed the cut toes and applied some antibiotic ointment.  I had to take Hannah out around 9:30pm.  Thank goodness she is such a well trained dog.  She waits for me to get the chair out before she follows and never tugs on her leash even if she has to pee like two hours ago!
I did manage to get into bed--did not sleep much/.
One dumb mistake--but I am so lucky I did not break anything. I had asked those who were there and witnessed it to please not  say anything.  Next morning I got calls galore and a visit from the manager, Kathryn.  You cannot keep anything a secret around here.
I did see a Dr. Friday--had the appt.scheduled previously.  She looked at my arm and said it was sure colorful-just keep using ice. 
So I have been laying kind of quiet--just doing my house chores and caring  for Ginger, Susie and Hannah.  Today I could move my arm
without too much complaining, so I am back at the computer-
offering my excuse for my lax behavior.
I hope I have learned a lesson.  This is one old dog who still has some tricks to learn!


 

Comments

  1. I hope your recovery is fast. I still think I have the balance I used to. It's a darn crime
    we don't! Hannah is officially a very good dog to be so understanding. Take good care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah is a good one. Very attentive in a different way than my Border collie was.
      Hannah is not as obvious about it. She has some aches and pains of her own. Maybe that is why she is sensitive to mine?

      Delete
  2. Bless you, Cynthia. I was hoping you were OK when I didn't see a post for longer than usual. I've taken some nasty falls in my life and all that discomfort is so annoying to live with. You are obviously a trooper. That is the highest compliment you could get in my family. I will be sending much love and best wishes for your swift and complete recovery. Your stories were missed. So glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Business and Personal Loans, Loans ranging from $5,000-$100,000,000.

    We Offer suitable financial services Globally,Business and Personal Loans, Loans ranging from $5,000-$100,000,000.Our passion is helping ones in need.Feel free to engage our leased facilities as We have provided over $2 Billion in business loans to over 25,000 business owners just like you. We use our own designated risk technology to provide you with the right business loan so you can grow your business. Our services are fast and reliable, loans are approved within 24 hours of successful application. * Personal loans, * Truck Loans * Car Loans * Real Estate Loans * Refinancing Loans * Debt consolidation loans * Education Loans * Farm Loans * Corporate Loans * Business Start-up Loans We offer loans from a minimum range of $5,000 to a maximum of $500 million, Better loan services Will give you loan with an affordable interest rate of 3% and loan duration of 1 to 30 years to pay back the loan (secure and unsecured). Our aim is to provide Excellent Professional Financial Services. Intermediaries/Consultants/Brokers are welcome to bring their clients and are 100% protected. In complete confidence, we will work together for the benefits of all parties involved. Do not keep your financial problems to yourself in order for you not to be debt master or financial stress up, which is why you must contact us quickly for a solution to your financial problems. It will be a great joy to us when you are financially stable Email us via: betterloancompany@gmail.com.Better loan firm We are certified and offer fast and reliable services.(betterloancompany@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols