Afternoon storms

It has been hard to find a time in the late afternoon to be on the computer due to the recent trend of thunderstorms rolling through from 3pm on into the evening.
In the mornings there are always people in my apartment or things going on (meetings etc.) in the community room, so late afternoon had become my time on the computer.  That has changed this week!
I unplug my computer the minute Hannah begins her anxious panting and pacing.  She always knows before there is any indication of a storm.  She is more accurate than the tv weather station.  Yes I have battery back-up, but it is very slow, so I seldom resort to using the computer that way.
The good thing is (and I believe if one looks hard enough you can always find something good about most everything) , these storms have so far provided enough water to my flowers so that there is no need for me to lug the jugs of water every evening to  keep them happy.  Of course the other side is that Hannah ages another month with every storm.  This week I have been able to keep her reasonably rational by using the herbal remedy only.  It acts fast and lasts long enough to get through most of these splash, bang and dash storms.
The last four dogs I have had have all been afraid of thunderstorms.
The last two  have been the hardest hit.  Daisy was afraid of guns,
fireworks, anything that made a loud noise.  And so it was understandable that she hated thunder as well.
Hannah is absolutely NOT gun shy, and she seems totally unaffected by fireworks.  So what is she feeling/ hearing that is different?
When I lived in North Carolina we had a few storms every late afternoon.  Sometimes just rain.  Great for the growing gardens and crops.  Not so great for those trying to get hay in.
Anyway, I am trying to write and also answer my e/m during the
quiet spells. 
So please bear with me.  Winter will be here soon.
We actually had a few episodes of thunder snow last year though, so
who knows!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols