The Corona virus

By now everyone has heard about it--some fact, much exaggeration.  I don't see the point in creating panic.  Maybe fear
raises adrenalin  levels in the body and if so, does that increase or decrease the immune response?  
I am  not, in any way, saying this virus is not a real threat.  I am saying excess fear will not help.
Joseph's Dream is a senior community.  Management sent out a message to every resident telling what we know about this particular virus and what one should do to avoid contracting it.  They installed
one of those small units containing hand sanitizer/cleanser inside the door to the community room.  You push a button, receive a blob of foam and rub your palms together.  Does that kill any virus you might be carrying?
We are told to wash hands often with soap and water while cheerfully belting out Happy Birthday  twice.  Not a bad idea even if no lurking threat.  
I take the stand that using normal precautions, ones you might use during any cold or flu season, are the way to go.  I don't see the necessity of wearing a mask unless you are in an area with known positive cases.  I heard some of the masks being sold were made in China.  Probably more scare tactics.
As I understand it, the elderly are ones most at risk due to the secondary infection - pneumonia- being a very common occurrence. In the seven years I have lived here we have lost 4-5 residents from pneumonia.  (Even with the new vaccines). Without the aid of Corona virus.  So
for us, common sense practices, not hibernation, would seem to be the right direction.
We have experienced "pandemics" like this before.  When I was in high school there was Polio.  I don't remember my friends or their families or my parents going through unusual behaviors.  Our schools stayed open.  Nothing much was said about it.  A nearby farm, with three children, friends of my sister and I, suffered when their older son contracted Polio and spent the rest of his life in an   iron lung.  No one else in the family became ill. We all felt very sad for that family.  Merritt was a big, strong healthy, handsome lad.
Why him and not his younger brother or his sister?  
Anyway, my motto is "Be prepared, but don't live scared."
Like watching a lightening storm--take obvious precautions, but don't hide in the closet.




 

Comments

  1. I love your motto. We will all weather this lightening storm, some with more experience.
    Thank you for sharing yours. This is why we don't isolate in a desperate way-we need each other's
    wisdom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was not sure I ought to have posted that right after I did. But I guess our blogs are to reflect our personal thoughts and ideas, so----

      Delete
  2. HOW I GOT CURED OF HERPES VIRUS.

    Hello everyone out there, i am here to give my testimony about a herbalist called dr imoloa. i was infected with herpes simplex virus 2 in  2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so i was thinking on how  i can get a solution out so that my body can be okay. one day i was in the pool side browsing and thinking of where i can get a solution. i go through many website were i saw so many testimonies about dr imoloa on how he cured them. i did not believe but i decided to give him a try, i contacted him and he prepared the herpes for me which i received through DHL courier service. i took it for two weeks after then he instructed me to go for check up, after the test i was confirmed herpes negative. am so free and happy. so, if you have problem or you are infected with any disease kindly contact him on email                            drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. or  / whatssapp --+2347081986098.
    This testimony serve as an expression of my gratitude. he also have
     herbal cure for, FEVER, BODY PAIN, DIARRHOEA, MOUTH ULCER, MOUTH CANCER FATIGUE, MUSCLE ACHES, LUPUS, SKIN CANCER, PENILE CANCER,  BREAST CANCER, PANCREATIC CANCER, CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE, VAGINAL CANCER, CERVICAL CANCER, DISEASE, JOINT PAIN, POLIO DISEASE,  PARKINSON'S DISEASE, ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE, BULIMIA DISEASE,   INFLAMMATORY JOINT DISEASE CYSTIC FIBROSIS,  SCHIZOPHRENIA, CORNEAL ULCER, EPILEPSY, FETAL ALCOHOL  SPECTRUM, LICHEN PLANUS, COLD SORE, SHINGLES, CANCER, HEPATITIS A, B.  DIABETES 1/2, HIV/AIDS, CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE,  CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE,  NEOPLASMS, MENTAL AND BEHAVIOURAL DISORDER, CHLAMYDIA, ZIKA VIRUS, EMPHYSEMA, TUBERCULOSIS LOW SPERM COUNT, ENZYMA, DRY COUGH, ARTHRITIS, LEUKAEMIA, LYME DISEASE, ASTHMA, IMPOTENCE, BARENESS/INFERTILITY, WEAK ERECTION, PENIS ENLARGEMENT. AND SO ON.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols