Lion and Lamb

An old adage proves true--March came in like a lamb, lovely sunny day.  Today, March 31st, the month came to an end.  It went out like a lion--rain and very chilly.
So one old saying  has been accurate for this year.
Not sure about that woodchuck.  Maybe after this week, summer will come in with a roar, and the early heat will bring the COVID-19 to
it's knees. 
The rainy day did inspire me to do some Spring cleaning.   I hoard magazines.  Just hate to give them up even after reading every article.
I always think I might use the pictures for a project.  Anyway I sorted them  into 3 piles.  One pile of Writer's Digest for another lady here who writes, but cannot afford the magazine.  Another pile of 
Birds and Blooms and Wildlife magazines.  So many bright photos of animals and flowers and birds which I decided might brighten the days of seniors currently shut in.  My daughter is a Physical Therapist, so she works in 2 nursing/rehab homes and will take these in for the residents to enjoy.  I included a coloring book and a book of crossword puzzles  which I had never used.  I would take them myself but we are under mandatory "stay at home".  Those with necessary jobs have been given papers  stating that they are "Essential workers", so they can travel to and access their places of employment.  My daughter carries one of there "passes."
The third and much smaller pile is a few magazines I have  not finished reading.  Those are neatly stacked on the end table.
I always say I will not let things pile up again, but I always do.
Anyway, some good things can come from what seems like a miserable situation.  I am actually smiling on this cold, wet
evening as I look at my neat and organized rolling cart and my
kitchen table--cleared off for the first time in many months.
 

Comments

  1. I'm following your example but tearing out photos as I go for projects.
    By the time this is over our houses may be spotless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols