Corporate Inspection time again

Our manager, Kathryn, spoke to Valerie and I on Friday.  She said that we are having an inspection of yards, apartments, etc. the 2nd week of October.  Among the usual things which relate to safety and cleanliness,  they will be checking are that there are no hidden bird feeders, no tall plants in the flower beds, no more than 2 pots on the porches, only the allowed pieces of furniture, no garden tools, no watering cans, and NO CAT.  
Seems Patricia, the head female honcho at corporate was here a short time ago (unannounced) and she spotted poor Ginger taking her afternoon nap on my neighbor's porch chair.  Kathryn said Patricia ran at Ginger clapping her hands and saying "Go away--shoo cat".  At first Ginger ignored her but as Patricia got closer Ginger allegedly hissed at her.  Now she is a dangerous cat!  Well I expect that if Patricia was enjoying a nap on a porch chair and someone ran at her in that fashion, she might hiss too!  The only things that need to fear Ginger are mice.
Kathryn said she was told Ginger must be gone when they come for inspection.  It was suggested that I "hide" her in my apartment.  Have you ever tried to hide a feral cat in a crate?  Ginger has a loud voice and a fear of being enclosed.  Won't work.  Besides which that would be claiming the cat as mine, which would then be an infraction of rules since I already have the one cat allowed.  (Susie).
Kathryn said she has received complaints from other residents about my having a cat that was allowed to run free outside when their cats cannot.  How many times must I reiterate that Ginger is NOT my cat.
She was born on this property to a feral mother during the year this facility was being built.  She was in residence long before most of the complainers moved here.  They also complained that I had not paid the $300 fee to have a cat.  What made them think I have not?  I paid that fee the day I moved in ---for Susie. (My dog is a Service dog for which they cannot charge.)  Since I am no longer allowed to post anything, (HUD rules say residents may post notices anywhere on their own doors, the community room or laundry room.  This is a gag restriction placed upon me since I posted a couple of poems which they found "objectionable".)  I am unable to address the fee payment and loose cat with residents. So they only know what the  gossip is spreading.
Anyway--what will become of this 10  (almost 11) year old cat in October when Patricia & Shaquanda come to inspect?   Kathryn said she knows of two farms which will take her.  These people who know nothing of feral cat mentality do not realize she would not stay if re-homed to a farm.  
Since i was told not to put food out for her I have been feeding her inside twice daily.  She comes to the window and meows on a very regular schedule--6:30 am and 6:30pm.  She comes in, eats, washes herself (she is a very clean cat), then wants out.  If i do not comply in short order, she yowls at the door.  If then ignored, she jumps up at the window or on the table, becoming rather frantic.  She is too old to become a house cat.  Joseph's Dream is her home.  She does no damage.  She is a good mouser--brings her catch to the door to show before doing what cats do.  She does not even "cat-box" in the flower beds.  Instead she goes in back of the office building, where very seldom do people venture, to neatly do her business and cover carefully.
If any readers want to write to corporate, I can only tell you they will not read your letter.  Perhaps writing to HUD might get attention.  I
will try to find out if there is a person there who might take note, and
will post any address I uncover.


Comments

  1. Cynthia, please get as much information out to us as possible so we can help. I think about
    Ginger all the time but I have not asked because I didn't want to cause you sadness. Thank you for sharing this. There has got to be some sane, compassionate person out there who can come to your defense and end this senseless harassment. I have been in these same situations in my life just trying to help an unfortunate animal and the animosity I experienced from some people was shocking to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a neighbor who worked with HUD at one time and is very knowledgeable when it comes to their requirements. She says none of these regulations being placed upon us are from HUD, but rather from Metroprop. She is more than willing to make use of her info to help Ginger, and also with other "unfair" practices of Metroprop. We will see what happens now. Thanks for your support.

      Delete
  2. Sounds really good. I will be keeping an eye out for your updates. I hope many others will do the same and that your neighbor will be able to help as well. This is uplifting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols