Another one

Another angleworm wriggled in under my storm door today.  This one can barely be called a worm, for he is 1" long--oh wait, he is 2 inches long and thin as a thread.  Then I touched him with the tip of my finger and he became a more significant one inch again.  It is not raining today.  In fact it was 75 degrees with very little breeze , bright sun.  So what sent this tiny slip of a creature out onto the walkway and under my door?   I decided I would put this one into my large Geranium pot.  Gently I lifted him as he squirmed and curled into a mini ball of cool brown skin.  He dropped from my palm into the damp soil in the large pot.  I watched as he dug into the earth.  I hope he will find enough food for sustenance in there.  It should not take much.  His tunneling about in there ought to make the soil aerated and healthy for my plant.  I wonder if he will grow---and how rapidly.  I wonder if I will ever see him again.  If I do, I hope it will not be somewhere on the carpet as he attempts to find the door.

Comments

  1. Your attention and compassion for this tiny creature inspire me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked up angleworms, and they have a lifespan of 15 years! (unless dug up for bait for fishing)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Praying mantis

Fairy Parasols